Sunday, May 1, 2022

My Own Music History #2

So...what went so wrong, so dark?

Who's to say the darkness hasn't reached everyone?

Once upon a time I told tales of how we were pioneers of a new era. Now that the new era has dawned, I still fear judgment — having been severely judged in my memory of how things were.

The Drug War has been the major unaddressed political war, shadowing all others, in the US, for over 50 years – at least in mainstream parlance. The real movenent began with temperance as political activism. That was unsustainable to the public at large and the greater welfare of a nation, to the extent of having to amend and re-amend the US Constitution.

I fathom the unfortunate turn of events in that era only served to persecute, demonize, and ultimately prosecute that which had been just fine before, and just fine after — were it not for the urgency to falsely pursue, demonize, perpetrate, and expand the thought process eventually into "drugs".

Does society crave false dichotomy? It's okay...as long as you don't get caught. Nowadays that thought process will not be assuaged by blatant disinformation. 

But back to my tale. I was a wanton mess after '94...only to have been incidentally and suddenly visited by this guy named Michael. I had not seen this man in 4 years. 

That guy is an underrated force of coolness of that entire era. 

He happened upon my doorstep just upon a single day after I lost my job, as I sat - scraping my paltry tray. In hospitality, I gladly scraped whatever I could as to situate a doober for this glorious reunion.

We had met before. As Tom, no doubt, has evidently underwriten my whole life, I'll point out that Tom introduced me to Carl and Michael in 1987- both housemates at the time...each with his particular penchant. More later, I hope. 

There was a guy named Adam, whom I met in high school, that was also involved during the time. Others who come into play.

Many of my friends turned to the darker side of drugs. Oh hey – I went along far darker than I dared, but could not ever bring myself to exist there but for a moment before needing to be away from the nature of the fiend mentality.

...but, I saw the results of not having been pulled in their directions...many were pulled to Seattle. Oh, for the wont of a messiah character. More on that..

So, Michael showed up that day with 4 friends and I had enough herb for one doober — then they were gone.

I had no herb, no money, and no job.

But...I had a passport! That became important shortly thereafter. More on that.

The next day, Michael visited me in the morning by himself. Thank goodness, because I was out of pot.

It was all a part of "our nefarious history" adventures that led to us being pioneers and political prisoners-of-war in the days of marijuana legalization. 

It was definitely a different West than the Old West.

Except when we shot our way out of a Mexican prison. Totally kidding. That didn't happen. 😁

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relative History

I think my mother was attempting to groom me towards greatness, in the hopes that I would get close by social standards of the day. This is ...